Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Spirit Had Been Soiled


Can a place hold magic or at least something that cannot be explained?  Can traveling over an area marked with boundaries from our own limitations transcend us into a higher level of awareness in self existence?  Can we feel a connection to a land that only our spirit can recognize? 

Everyone who knows me really well knows that I have a spiritual connection with the Southwest, especially New Mexico.  It’s rugged desert landscape that is unchanged since the days of the Wild West, Native American culture, the adobe buildings, the Santa Fe cuisine, the art; I could go on and on.

 I was traveling through eastern New Mexico and I stopped off at a truck stop along I-40.  Inside the gift shop I saw a sign that said “Indian blankets $25.”  I love Native American art, so I bought one.  When I got back home to Dallas, I proudly displayed the Indian blanket over my futon.  One night as I was lying on the floor, listening to my psycho girlfriend yelling at me over the phone about something I don’t even remember because I wasn’t listening.   I happen to notice the tag on the inside of my “Indian” blanket that said “MADE IN INDIA.”  India!?...India!?

I was deceived, my magic had been soiled!  My spiritual New Mexico had been tainted!  I was pissed!!  I don’t remember the name of that truck stop but next time I travel through, I’m taking a Sharpie and writing “Made in India” on that sign! 
 
#ComedyGuys    

No comments:

Post a Comment